The Spanish National Championship (Spain, UCI 1.NC, 24–26/06) started wonderfully for Equipo Kern Pharma this Friday in Cala Millor. Raúl García got his first victory as a pro in the individual time trial and the first gold medal for the team at a National Champioship.
After having finished 4th in last year’s Championship, Raúl García aimed for the podium: “I had prepared very well for this time trial and I am very happy with the victory. I have given my best, so it is a dream come true”.
Juanjo Oroz, Equipo Kern Pharma’s sport director, was as happy as Raúl García. “We raced for the win and here it is. Of course, we knew that there were a lot of good riders, but we believed it was possible. Now, we must enjoy and celebrate it”, says Oroz.
Equipo Kern Pharma will fight again for the medals on Sunday at the Spanish Road National Championship. Alongside them, Vojtěch Řepa will participate at the Czech Republic National Championship.
24/06 ― 12:00. Cala Millor, 38,6 km CRI
1. Raúl García (Equipo Kern Pharma) 46’23”
2. Oier Lazkano (Movistar Team) a 15”
3. Xabier Mikel Azparren (Euskaltel-Euskadi) a 23”
11. Igor Arrieta (Equipo Kern Pharma) a 2’04”
19. Diego López (Equipo Kern Pharma) a 3’30”
26/06 ― 9:15 ― 13:40. Cala Millor ― Palma de Mallorca, 186,1 km
Roger Adrià, Jon Agirre, Sergio Araiz, Igor Arrieta, Urko Berrade, Héctor Carretero, Iván Cobo, Kiko Galván, Carlos García Pierna, Raúl García Pierna, Jordi López, Martí Márquez, Pau Miquel, Iván Moreno, Eugenio Sánchez
The Neetherlands National ITT Championship (Países Bajos, UCI 1.NC, 22-24/06)
22/06 ― 16:10. Emmen, 29,8 km, CRI
1. Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo) 33’03”
2. Tom Dumoulin (Jumbo-Visma) a 31”
3. Dann Hoole (Trek-Segafredo) a 33”
12. Danny van der Tuuk (Equipo Kern Pharma) a 1’36”
Czech Republic National Championship (República Checa, UCI 1.NC, 26/06)
26/06 ― 10:30 ― 15:40. Mladá Vožice, 197,2 km